Monday, February 18, 2008

To my art friends,
This is an open letter that I have written to Melissa Dribben regarding her article on the art scene here in Philly. The link to her article is in parenthesis below.

Melissa,

(http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080217_Artistic_Nirvana.html)

Thank you so much for your article on PhillyNews.com regarding the art movement here is Philadelphia. You have written about what I have long felt and known regarding the art scene in Philly. We wife and I are ardent observers of the art scene in Philly. We take the time to see most shows and exhibits here in the city. The talent that is migrating here is impressive, but even more so is the proliferation of young homegrown talent. We have quite a few art schools here in the city and the classes are full and the outpouring of art displays the emotion and passion of our young talent. I enjoy sitting back and watching these people grow and learn in their field.

Our passion for young people success has led up to create a free forum for artists to display their work. We have several you artists who are going to make an impression on the art world. At your convenience please check out www.findartbuyart.com and look at the work of dawlheart, textileeliz, Katey Sponheimer, Reggi Lerro, Harry Boardman, Noah Antieau, Enid Pagan, Heather Pettersen, Ivey Spivey, Nicole DelRossi, et al.

Most of these artists are in and among the Philadelphia area. They work and labor at their craft and only wish that the public views and appreciates their work. I am long and admirer of the creative drive that impels the artist to work. I love to talk to artists about the inspirations behind their work and get the background to some of their most intimate creations.

Once again, thank you for a great article. I am so pleased that you wrote it. If you do not mind, I am going to reference it in my “Art Fan” blog. I will give proper credit to you, of course.

No comments: