Friday, March 07, 2008

I took this photo while walking through the Philadelphia Museum of Art. If it looks familiar, it should. It is probably the most famous painting of George Washington that there is. It is also the model, I believe, for the dollar bill. If I am incorrect, I am sure someone will correct me. By the way, admittance to the art museum is by donation on Sundays. They will accept whatever you can afford. I usually end up giving more than regular admittance price simply because I believe that the art museum is one of the greatest values in the city of Philadelphia. I tend to get lost in the dynamic history in front of my eyes and I, being and amateur history buff, love to transport myself back to the time of the work that I am viewing and imagine myself in that period. I guess that’s what fascinates me most about art and history. I love to try to think about how the people felt and what their thoughts were at the time of creating that art or that particular era in history. Please view my photo and give me your impression.

Larry

larry@findartbuyart.com
www.findartbuyart.com

No comments: