Monday, April 28, 2008

Meet my friend, Ron Morgan. Ron is an ex-college professor who took his passion for woodworking into the next phase of his life. I was fortunate enough to spend some time in Ron’s shop viewing pieces in various stages of completion. I saw many completed pieces that Ron was preparing for a show in New England.

Many people are of the opinion that woodworking is not art. However, if you saw the creative pieces that Ron has created you would share my opinion that this is indeed art. He uses woods common to the area and is of a rare and special quality. He makes furniture and special designer pieces that generally are custom made to specifications.

One of his specialties is liturgical works for places of worship.



Ron makes work to customer specification and does commission work. When I visited Ron, I saw a headboard being made to a customer’s specifications that impressed me with its detail and intricacies.

Larry
larry@findartbuyart.com

No comments: